- Health & Safety advice and support
- Bespoke training for in house needs and guidance on external training options
- Help with health & safety policies that work in the ‘real’ world
Key Areas of Expertise
Health & safety, training needs, health & safety assessment, risk assessment, policies and procedures, HSE, equipment, audit, inspection, investigation services, health & safety guidance, asbestos, biological, chemical, electrical, engineering, fire, health, procedural.
Currently we can provide a number of free services to people referred by BIPC. These include the following:
- General health and safety support, answering legal questions, helping to identify tailored safety needs, assessing health and safety training needs, and assessing the suitability of legal documents (such as risk assessments and policies).
- Assisting in the identification of suitable equipment, standards and the associated legal requirements, including supporting you in undertaking your risk assessments and developing your technical documentation.
- Providing basic advice on how not to fall foul of the health and safety legal requirements, and what to do if you are subject to action (such as Notices) from the
HSE or your Local Authority.
Our other services include:
- Helping people develop health and safety policies and procedures that are legally compliant and work in the ‘real world’.
- Inspection, and audit services for people needing to check that they are doing what they need to do, and if there are any areas that are not being sufficiently addressed.
- Investigation services to help you find out why things did not go according to plan, why accidents happened, and most importantly, what you may need to do to prevent future incidents.
- Training for in-house needs and if necessary identifying the right sources for external training.
- Legal support (along with your solicitor – or if needed helping you find a suitable solicitor) in the event of getting into legal difficulty. This includes being an Expert Witness in Court, and more importantly, helping you to avoid going to Court in the first place.
What we do is problem solving where health and safety issues have become barriers to work and need to be solved to enable production or service delivery to continue safely. This covers a very wide range of situations including: asbestos, biological, chemical, electrical, engineering, fire, health, procedural and other issues. With over 30 years as a practitioner (starting as an HSE Inspector) there is a lot of experience to tap into.