- Specialist in commercial lease agreements including drafting and negotiating
- Advice on legal aspects of taking on a lease
- Advice on property acquisition and disposal
Key Areas of Expertise
Commercial property, lease agreements, lease terms, negotiating, property acquisition, landlord agreements, rented business property.
A commercial property lawyer since 2004, Mark has developed a vast amount of experience and knowledge in the sector, including but not limited to:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases (whether headlease or underlease), ranging from high street units to multi let industrial estates and including assignments and ancillary documentation related thereto (agreements for lease, licence for works, rent deposits, variations, tenancies at will etc) together with any security as may be taken in such situations.
- Licences for works, assignment, underletting and occupation.
- Property acquisition and disposal, including transfers of part with site specific rights and reservations.
- Dealing with overage provisions in transfers and as separate agreements, together with ancillary anti-embarrassment agreements.
- High value contracts conditional on planning, on behalf of both buyers and sellers.
- Options over land, both taking and granting, together with any promotion agreements.
- Lease extension pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993, including the service of the relevant notices and counternotices and statutory lease renewals.
- The granting and taking of Deeds of Easement in relation to statutory utilities for the provision of services.
- Residential development including site assembly, associated infrastructure and s.106 agreements.
- Real estate finance, including on purchase, refinance of existing stock and intra group restructures.
- Drafting and negotiating legal charges, facility agreements, debentures, personal and corporate guarantees, director’s certificates, certificates of solvency and other ancillary documents particular to a finance transaction where looking to secure an advance over commercial property.
- Advising on the property aspect of dilapidation claims.
- Transfer or lease of electricity sub-stations and ancillary provisions and apparatus.